Automation Development Engineer (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
- You develop and design new, innovative and cost-effective solutions for the (automated) assembly of Alkaline Water Electrolysis cells.
- You sit at the interface between product development and external partners for development automation solutions and conduct technical conversations with national and international suppliers.
- You track the development and implementation progress at suppliers of automation solutions and support the commissioning process.
- You execute independent development projects, including cost control after a training phase.
- You transfer the development results or improvements from lab scale to the qualification on industrial level for serial production.
- You analyse results, prepare result presentations and report the results to the business leader.
- You contribute to build and maintain design and manufacturing requirement standards.
- You participate in inspections, investigations, troubleshooting and customized solutions.
- You have a university degree in mechanical engineering, production engineering or equivalent and gained several years of experience in assembly planning and assembly system automation.
- You have knowledge of 3D- and 2D CAD tools (preferably SolidEdge and AutoCAD).
- You have Knowledge in programming of industrial robots and PLC (IEC 61131-3).
- You have knowledge in modern PDM/PLM Systems.
- You are highly motivated, have a hands-on mentality and are team-oriented.
- The ability to think analytically and identify upside potentials, define and perform meaningful development projects and turn results into actual solutions for engineering and execution is an absolute must.
- Your intercultural awareness supports you leveraging cultural differences.
- You are willing to work closely in a multidisciplinary team.
- You are familiar with modern communication tools and MS Office.
- You are willing to travel inside Germany as well as internationally on a regular basis.
- You are proficient in English and German.
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
(30 days vacation, 35 hour week, vacation pay, special payments according to collective agreement)
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Training “on the job” by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)
HR Business Partner
+49 231 229722047