External Communications Manager (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
We currently have an exciting job opportunity for an External Communications Manager who will drive our reputation and positioning towards external stakeholders. You will report to the Head of Communications.
- You handle day to day media relations, developing responses, written statements, Q&A, social content, arranging interviews, engaging with media, and tracking and measuring coverage.
- You communicate all corporate messages in a clear, timely and effective manner to relevant external audiences, using a high impact writing style and format and ensuring brand consistency across content through consistent corporate messaging
- You handle the editorial preparation of relevant content for different channels and target groups (text, image, moving image, mainly for external channels such as for social media, events, website, brochures, etc.) and identify opportunities in media to hijack news and/or mitigate potential negative news cycles;
- For annual highlight topics (political communications, customer-related events etc.), you create communication action plans, timelines, and defined communication deliverables that help shape our reputation and company culture;
- You will build up, maintain and nurture strong relationships with relevant media;
- You build an internal topic expert network to drive trade media activities, studies and other communication formats of subject matter-related communications;
- You will collect and share intelligence on the media positioning of the competition as well as our industry’s Zeitgeist, recommend and drive value-added strategies and tactics;
- You support the team on issue and crisis communication matters.
- You have a university degree, a solid journalistic background and first professional experience in external communications and/or as a spokesperson. First experience with (handling) communication for political stakeholders is a key asset;
- You are experienced with modern communication tools and approaches, including the management of social media channels, photo and video production, media evaluation methods, reporting and research;
- You have experience interacting with individuals at all levels, and the capability of identifying priorities and handling high workload with a proactive approach to problem solving;
- You can quickly and independently familiarize yourself with new and complex topics and become the topic expert for our industry environment;
- You have excellent communication, writing and editing skills in both German and English;
- You have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule;
- You have an open multi-cultural attitude, preferably with experience in an international organization or abroad;
- Your team spirit and intercultural awareness supports you leveraging cultural differences in our international work environment.
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
(30 days vacation, 35 hour week, vacation pay, special payments according to collective agreement)
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Training “on the job” by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)
Get in touch
HR Business Partner
+49 231 229727063