(Senior) Design Development Engineer (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
- You develop new, innovative and cost-effective solutions for our alkaline electrolysis cells as well as electrolyzer stacks for green hydrogen applications, with major focus on transport solutions.
- You prepare and modify drawings / specification / calculation / test documents for mechanical and structural components of transport devices for assemblies and part of electrolysis stacks.
- You transfer the development results or improvements to the product qualification for serial production.
- You sit at the interface between product development and external partners for development projects and conduct technical conversations with national and international suppliers.
- You execute independent development projects, including cost control after a training phase.
- You analyse results, prepare result presentation and report the results to the business leader.
- You contribute to build and maintain design and manufacturing requirement standards.
- You participate to inspections, investigations, troubleshooting and customized solution.
- You have an university degree in mechanical engineering, production engineering or equivalent.
- Your academic background is supplemented by adequate work experience, ideally in sheet metal designing and processing (laser cutting and welding), design of steel structures.
- You are familiar with modern CAD tools 3D/2D (preferably SolidEdge) and PDM/PLM Systems (preferably TeamCenter).
- The ability to think analytically and identify development potentials, define and perform meaningful development projects and turn results into actual solutions is an absolute must.
- You are highly motivated for taking over ownership, have a hands-on mentality and are team-oriented.
- Your intercultural awareness supports you leveraging cultural differences.
- You are proficient in German and English.
- You are willing to travel inside Germany as well as internationally on a regular basis.
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
(30 days vacation, 35 hour week, vacation pay, special payments according to collective agreement)
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Training “on the job” by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)
Get in touch
HR Business Partner
+49 231 229722047