(Senior) Product Development Process Engineer (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
- You develop new, innovative and cost-effective solutions for our alkaline electrolysis cells as well as electrolyzer stacks for green hydrogen applications.
- You identify possible improvements for our existing products and support in defining development projects to implement improvements to existing and new technologies.
- You execute and lead development projects, including cost control after a training phase.
- You coordinate with internal and external partners for development projects and conduct technical conversations with national and international clients, suppliers, development partners and affiliates.
- It is also part of your job to commission test facility plants and support during commissioning of commercial plants.
- You prepare and adapt process and instrumentation diagrams for the test facilities and demonstration plant.
- You analyze results, prepare result presentation including clear conclusions and report the results to the business leader.
- You sit at the interface between product development and process engineering to transfer development results into product solutions.
- You have a university degree in chemical engineering, process engineering, technical chemistry or electrochemistry.
- Your academic background is supplemented by adequate work experience, ideally in chemical plants and the field of alkaline water electrolysis or Chlor-Alkali technology.
- The ability to think analytically and identify development potentials, define and perform meaningful development projects and turn results into actual solutions is an absolute must.
- You are highly motivated for taking over ownership, have a hands-on mentality and are team-oriented.
- Your intercultural awareness supports you leveraging cultural differences.
- You are proficient in German and English.
- You are willing to travel inside Germany as well as internationally on a regular basis.
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
(30 days vacation, 35 hour week, vacation pay, special payments according to collective agreement)
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Training “on the job” by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)
HR Business Partner