Structural/Civil Engineer – PE
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
The Civil/Structural Engineer will lead the civil and structural design of electrochemical hydrogen and chlor alkali projects
- Performing structural engineering analysis, design, and calculations for a variety of materials and conditions including concrete, steel, masonry, and soil/foundations
- Preparing structural engineering sketches, specifications, and requirements
- Assessing strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel by testing materials and soil
- Coordinating with appropriate personnel to resolve structural design-related issues that arise during installation, testing, or inspections
- Assessing strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel by testing materials and soil.
- Sets design specifications by computing load and grade requirements, material stress factors, water flow rates, and similar parameters.
- Plans projects based on the analysis of relevant materials such as drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, survey reports, maps, and other geologic and topographical data.
- Drafts and presents reports on topics related to projects such as environmental impact statements and right-of-way descriptions.
- Estimates materials, equipment, and labor needed to determine project costs.
- Collaborates with architects and contractors to ensure projects progress properly
- Collaborates with surveyors (or directs and participates in surveying) to establish installations or reference points, grades, elevations, and other factors that will affect construction
- Monitors project progress and ensures design specifications, safety, and sanitation standards are met
- On completion of a project, inspects, repairs, and maintains the structures as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Where applicable, directs and oversees junior or subordinate staff members regarding engineering & design at the domestic office location, in workshare activities with global entities, and construction support at a project sites.
- Thorough understanding of structural engineering principles, practices, and tools
- Proficient in TEKLA, STADD
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of buildings and steel structures
- Working knowledge of structural design codes and standards
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical
- Extremely detail-oriented and accurate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- Licensure as professional engineer (PE) required with the ability of obtaining additional state licensure by reciprocity through NCEES
At thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• On the job training by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible hybrid work structure
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance – Company Paid
- STD/LTD – Company Paid
- Paid Time Off (25 days)
- 401(k) Plan