(Senior) Product Development Engineer for separator – for Alkaline Water Electrolysis (AWE) (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
- As part of the team Product Management & Technology, you are responsible for the development and characterization of new innovative and cost eﬀective separators for Alkaline Water Electrolysis (AWE).
- You execute independent development projects, including cost control after a training phase.
- You coordinate suppliers for development projects and conduct technical conversations with national and international clients, suppliers, development partners and affiliates.
- You transfer the development results or improvements to the product qualification for serial production.
- You contribute to build and maintain design and manufacturing requirement standards.
- You participate to inspections, investigations, troubleshooting and customized solution.
- You perform experiments and measurements at the test facilities of the company, partners and suppliers, analyse results, prepare reports to the business leader.
- You have a university degree in electrochemistry, technical chemistry, chemical engineering or materials science.
- You also have several years of experience in AWE separator development or characterization as well as electrochemistry.
- Ideally, you have knowledge in polymers and expertise in the ﬁeld of alkaline water electrolysis.
- You are willing to take over responsibility for development projects.
- As you closely collaborate with the multidisciplinary team of our energy storage and hydrogen division, you are team-oriented and are able to establish sustainable relations with your colleagues.
- Your intercultural awareness supports you leveraging cultural diﬀerences.
- You are highly proﬁcient in both German and English.
- You are willing to go on business trips around the globe regularly.
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Training “on the job” by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)