Lead Process Engineer for electrolysis projects (green hydrogen and Chlor-Alkali) (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
- You are responsible for the discipline process engineering in projects for electrolysis plants (green hydrogen (AWE), Chlor-Alkali or HCl-Electrolysis) during Basic and Detail Engineering.
- You are coordinating a team of process engineers preparing and adapting engineering documents in the projects with additional responsibility for schedule and budget.
- As the projects are executed with support from other disciplines and global subsidiaries (e.g. India, USA, Italy), you will coordinate the interfaces with high focus on communication and collaboration.
- You lead the commissioning team to conduct the pre-/ commissioning activities and the plant start-up including performance test in our plants worldwide.
- You clarify technical details with clients and if required also with subcontractors and suppliers.
- You act as a mentor for junior engineers and train team members during your activities.
- You have a university degree in chemical engineering, process engineering or technical chemistry.
- Your academic background is supplemented by adequate work experience, ideally in the field of engineering of chemical plants.
- Your way of working is structured, you have hands-on mentality, are team oriented and are motivated for taking over ownership.
- Thanks to your intercultural skills, you will work successfully towards the common goal with project team members from different cultures
- As our projects are globally, the job requires proficiency in English, an additional language such as Spanish, Arabic or Chinese is an advantage.
- You are willing to travel internationally on a regular basis to our customers’ construction sites or to customers’ offices for meetings.
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Very good development opportunities
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)
HR Business Partner
+49 231 229727063