thyssenkrupp nucera Italy is the Italian branch located in Milano, specialized on design and supply of electrochemical plants for the production of green hydrogen as well as chlorine and caustic soda. With more than 20 years experiences the company is offering new-build and service solutions in many regions of the world.
Visit thyssenkrupp nuceraonline.
As Commissioning Manager, you will be responsible to oversee and lead the execution directly on site of the overall pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up work scope of thyssenkrupp nucera (NCA) for our Green Hydrogen and Chlor-Alkali plants.
Specifically, you will have to deal with the following activities:
- Define, in conjunction with all the involved departments and other stakeholders, the pre-commissioning and commissioning strategy and execution plans and ensure their implementation at site in cooperation and alignment with the client;
- Review site workpackage (test plans, procedures, work instructions, etc.), operating manuals and safety risks analysis, ensuring all works are in line with the company standards and Client specification;
- Support the client in sourcing the project pre-commissioning / commissioning manpower, materials, tools & equipment, and third-party services, if any;
- Coordinate the supervision during pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up/ramp-up and performance testing of various subsystems and the plant;
- Support the handover of subsystems and the plant between the different stakeholders at site (client, construction company, NCA, vendors);
- Report on site activities and progress.
Main responsibilities and Contents
- Ensure safety throughout all commissioning processes (open the work permit, if applicable, and promote risk assessment within NCA team);
- Be the focal point and representative of NCA on site towards client for site activities especially pre-Commissioning, commissioning and start-up of the plant;
- Lead and direct all commissioning activities in scope of NCA including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site;
- Ensure best practices by developing and implementing formal handovers, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and preservation processes and systems in line with contractual requirements, construction and commissioning schedule, maintenance plan, change and risk management;
- Communicate commissioning roles and scope for members of the engineering and construction team; understands the commissioning test plans and protocols, coordinates and attends engineering, construction and safety reviews;
- Responsible to ensure proper documentation and reporting of commissioning related activities (Data collection, Progress reports, Test Results, etc.);
- Be involved and participate in client, vendor, and/or subcontractor meetings to resolve issues;
- Handover to NCA service organization and client.
- Manage/Implement commissioning processes to fulfill the commissioning schedule and contractual obligations;
- Instruct the NCA commissioning team members;
- Take decision on daily commissioning issues;
- In coordination with the project management, negotiate and agree with the client on any commissioning issues;
- Mobilize, demobilizes and replace the NCA commissioning team members according to site requirements;
- Resolve technical issues or disputes, if in the interest of overall project management or the decision violates contractual, safety or quality requirements.
The ideal candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- Strong mechanical and chemical background;
- 10 years of specific experience as Commissioning Engineer in Oil & Gas plants or Chemical industry (Electrolysis experience is a plus);
- Fluent in English both verbal and written (German, Italian or/and other European languages are a plus);
- Availability to travel on prolonged stay abroad at site in & out of Europe > 80% (focus Middle-East, US and Europe);
- Willingness to relocate, if required;
- High attention to HSE topics and procedures;
- Leadership and team working in a multicultural environment, flexibility;
- Capability to manage stressful situations;
- Practical approach with troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Knowledge of the IT tools: MS Office, Design softwares (i.e. Autocad, Naviswork, etc.), MS Project.
At thyssenkrupp nucera Italy we offer:
- Participation in the growing market of sustainable green hydrogen, using renewable energy for electrochemical processes
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
- International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
- Good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
- Flexible working time (flexible working hours at office and smartworking) and welfare plan
- Agreements with special rates for local transportation means and fitness studio membership
- Availability of canteen inside the company and free parking spaces for employees
- Availability of public transportation infrastructure: Metrò green line M2, stop Lambrate, train Trenord, as well as speedway tangenziale est, exit Rubattino
For application please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
thyssenkrupp nucera Italy, located in Milan