(Senior) Manager M&A (all genders welcome)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
The (Senior) Manager M&A should be able to steer small to mid size M&A projects & technology acquisitions end to end (independently), including managing relations with all relevant stakeholders
- Linking thyssenkrupp nucera’s global strategy to concrete M&A transactions & related setup (e.g. integration within the group, governance, etc.),
- End to end (partial) project management of national and international M&A projects including initial project setup and steering of internal & external resources,
- Analysis and evaluation of gH2 industries & companies along the value-chain to derive short-lists for potential targets,
- Development & structuring of transaction options and derivation of optimal deal structure / technology transfer logic,
- Coordination of the overarching due diligence process (data room, Q&A-/expert sessions, preparation of management presentations etc.) and conducting the commercial due diligence,
- Assessment of financial statements with regard to earnings (analysis of revenue streams, costs and profitability including value driver) and assets (working capital / net cash, liquidity and hidden reserves),
- Setting up a business plan, choosing the valuation approach and final valuation of the target,
- Analyzing stakeholders and participating/leading negotiations for M&A transactions (transaction value, terms & conditions, etc.),
- Managing the process and communication with internal & external stakeholders.
Besides that, the (Senior) Manager M&A should be able to contribute to the strategy development including strategic financial planning of the company.
- Completed master’s degree in business administration, finance or other relevant studies ideally with expertise in company acquisitions, technology transfer, negotiations and finance & audit.
- At least three years of management, project and/or consulting experience in M&A-/transaction-area of an investment bank, auditing firm, management consulting firm or industrial company.
- Detailed knowledge of the individual process steps of the M&A process
- Sound knowledge on company valuation and transaction structures (JV, acquisition).
- Analytical skillset.
- Precise, structured & methodology based way of working.
- Strategic thinking ability and above-average, solution-oriented mindset.
- Empathic and communicative personality with clear objectives, high team spirit, confident appearance and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Very good communication and presentation skills in German and English including intercultural competence.
- High level of dedication & commitment to the success of a M&A project.
- High proficiency in MS office (especially PowerPoint and xlsx).
It goes without saying, that we would like to offer attractive working conditions. This includes for example:
• Performance-related compensation according to collective agreement Metal & Electro NRW
• Attractive old-age provision models
• Groupwide learning measures
• thyssenkrupp internal health campaigns
Furthermore, at thyssenkrupp nucera we offer:
• Flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes
• International work environment in interdisciplinary and multinational teams
• Training “on the job” by a dedicated mentor
• Very good development opportunities either in a specialist or in a management function
• Flexible working time models (Home Office and flexible working hours)
• Free Beverages (water, coffee, tea)
• Excellent transport infrastructure (public transport as well as highways A1, A40, A45)
HR Business Partner
+49 231 229727063