Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor (for thyssenkrupp nucera India)
thyssenkrupp nucera is the beginning of a new era defined by clean energy supply with green hydrogen at industrial scale. thyssenkrupp nucera offers world-leading technologies for high-efficiency electrolysis plants. The company, a Joint Venture with Industrie De Nora, has extensive in-depth knowledge in the engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of electrochemical plants and a strong track record of more than 600 projects with a total rating of over 10 gigawatts already successfully installed. With its water electrolysis technology to produce green hydrogen, the company offers an innovative solution on an industrial scale for green value chains and an industry fueled by clean energy – a major step towards climate-neutrality.
- As member of TK-NCA Erection & Commissioning Hub, the Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) Supervisor, will assist the Site Management Team to execute E&I works on Green Hydrogen and Chlor-Alkali plants, from the Erection phase till final plant Commissioning & Start-Up
- Specifically, you will have to deal with the following activities:
- In the Office or WFH : Review site project work package: SoW, Site Instructions, Installation manuals, Risks Analysis & Safety plans ensuring all works are in line with the company standards and Client specification
- Study project documentation, prepare detail report about changes made on site and cooperate to the engineering offices
- Define, in conjunction with Project Manager and Commissioning Manager the Erection strategy and the associated schedule ensuring they adhere to contractual
- At site: Inspect and evaluate status of delivered items and proactively identify potential issues, and promptly report them to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Work closely with the project team to develop effective solutions and ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, safety protocols, and company policies pertaining to E&I installation (Certificates, Areas classification, LOTO, Interlock etc.)
- Manage the installation and testing of the Electrical system (HT/LT/MV/LV / Transformers & Rectifiers) and Instrumentation ensuring they operate effectively, efficiently and safely
- Ensure compliance with Factory / Site ITP and perform FAT & SAT
- Supervision of calibration, functional check, Loop check, Maintenance and respective testing on the equipment
- Trouble shooting of E&I system and Softwares with resolution with items suppliers and engineering team, if required.
- Perform system walk-down, line check and punch-listing (Clearing and Closure)
- Supervise installation of PLC, DCS, ESD, Hardware, Software, Power supply and associated networks.
- Prepare regular technical reports, maintain accurate documentation, and update relevant records.
- Provide guidance and support to NCA team on-site, fostering a positive work environment and promoting skills development.
- Ensure safety throughout all activities in the workplace (On Field as well as in the Vendor’s facilities).
- Open the work permit (if applicable) and promote risk assessment within NCA team
- Be the focal point for E&I activities of NCA on site towards client (Liaising between Engineering, Site Management and Sub-Contractors).
- Responsible to ensure proper documentation and reporting of related activities (Progress reports, Punch List, Testing, etc.);
- Be involved and participate in client, vendor, and/or subcontractor meetings to resolve issues;
- Lead and direct all E&I team of NCA members and Vendors
- Work in close coordination with Site Manager and Commissioning Manager to assure a smooth execution of the scheduled activities
- Instruct the NCA / Subcontractor’s team members;
- Take decision on daily basis to guarantee a smooth schedule progression;
- In coordination with Site & Project Management, negotiate and agree with the client on any change related to Installation topics;
- Resolve technical issues or disputes, if in the interest of overall project management or the decision violates contractual, safety or quality requirements.
• The ideal candidate must satisfy the following requirements :
• Strong Electrical and/or Instrumentation erection supervision background. Basic education qualification is : Completed university studies as a associate degree or comparable degree
• Previous experience in closely related position from 10 years minimum of specific experience as Supervisor in Construction, Oil & Gas or Chemical industry, Power Plants (Experience in Electrolysis will be a plus);
• Previous experience managing work crews and teams with a blend of different cultures and nationalities is considered as a plus
• Experience in Pre-commissioning & Commissioning as well as validation of respective systems in the industry (Chemical, Oil & Gas preferred)
• Experience in interpreting electrical, instrumentation and controls installation plans, single line diagram, block diagrams, process-electric-pneumatic hook-up, loop diagrams, P&ID & construction drawings.
• Repair all type of process instrumentation and distributed control systems/equipment.
• Work with HT/LT/MV/LV and 3 phase power and equipment controls
• Manage sub-contractors and monitor progress and reporting
• Fluent in English both verbal and written (German, Italian or/and other European languages are a plus);
• Availability to travel on prolonged stay at site in India & abroad (focus Middle-East, US and Europe);
• High attention to HSE topics and procedures;
• Capability to manage stressful situations;
• Practical approach with troubleshooting and problem solving;
• Knowledge of the IT tools: MS Office, Design softwares (i.e. AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.), MS Project.
Electrolysis – Green Hydrogen & Chlor Alkali Technology Provider for a livable planet. Working on Global clients.
You will be part of new establishment for upcoming generation.
Company believes in Innovation and Employee Empowerment.
Excellent work culture